NICHENERGY SRL DEALS WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW FORMS OF SUSTAINABLE ENERGY AND CONTINUES THE STUDIES STARTED IN 1989 BY PROF. PIANTELLI ABOUT HEAT PRODUCTION THROUGH UNUSUAL CHAIN OF INTERACTIONS AND REACTIONS OF SUBMICROSCOPIC CRYSTAL CLUSTERS OF Me AND H2.
- 1989 (August) Prof. F. Piantelli at Physics Dep. of University of Siena discovers the anomalous heat effect in Nickel-Hydrogen systems
- 1990 F. Piantelli obtains four successful repetitions of the experiment at Siena
- 1991 Beginning of collaboration with Prof. S.Focardi- Physics Dep. of University of Bologna and Prof. R.Habel Physics Dep. Of University of Cagliari
- 1993-1997 Collaboration of F.Piantelli with the group of experts in catalysis and hydrogenation of the Catalysis Research Laboratories of San Donato Milanese SNAM Spa (ENI). This collaboration was useful to clarify the multiple secondary and accessory sources of heat in the reactors. This research was essential because the simple calorimetry does not allow to separate the various energy contributions being the energy an integrable quantity. During almost three years of collaboration we were able to establish some fixed points on the energy contributions of the various phenomena taking place close to a Ni metal surface (in particular even with the Ni powder) in presence of H2. Since the results of the first experiments excluded any D isotope contribution due to some specific characteristics (electronic configuration, spin, ecc.) of D (some opposite to those of H), we did not continue the research work with the D. In fact introducing D inside the cell we found only an isotopic effect, i.e. a small exothermal contribution (not quantified by us), without any further gain in energy production with respect to the case of the H only.
The first of the characterized energy contributions was found to be of endo-thermic type and connected to the splitting of the H2 molecule. This contribution is not univocal (catalysis effect) but variable between a minimum and a maximum from about 8 KJ/mole to about 30 KJ/mole (strongly influenced by the temperature).
The second (exothermic) contribution concerned the recombination of the molecule which occurs by collision between the H atoms with right kinetic energy to overcome the energy gap, in the vicinity of the surface.
This contribution gives a significant amount of energy 436 KJ/mole (the same amount is necessary to produce the splitting of the H2 molecule in absence of catalysis).
The third type of (exothermic) contribution concerns the recombination between an H+ and an electron in order to form an H atom.
Such a recombination gives values very close to 1312 KJ/mole (overcome the energy gap of activation). But in order to obtain this effect it is obviously necessary to ionize the H atom with a proper technique and this requires the large lot of ionization energy.
They were also looking for other possible sources of energy connected to interactions between the ions H+ (suitably generated with energy supply over 1312 KJ/mole) and H- (suitably generated with exo-energy 73 KJ/mole). In his case the amount of measured energy was even bigger than all the previous. The total energy balance is always negative.
Other experiments have been done to determine the energy balances in processes Physi-sorption (H2) and chemisorption of H and H+ in Ni (H- Chemical-chemisorption not feasible reaction. H- Physical-orbital capture as Fermion theoretically and experimentally evidenced).
As latest research has studied the important contributions from Van't off equation vs Temperature and Pressure. This work has allowed us to identify and evaluate the accessories phenomena that occur during the process of triggering the "anomalous phenomenon"
- 1993 First publication referred to 1990 replication : F. Piantelli -Anomalous Energy Production in Experiments with H and D Isotopes adsorbed in particular metallic Lattice, Atti Acc. Fis. Serie XV-Tomo XII
- 1994 Successful replication of the experiment in Siena and results publication in peer review "Il Nuovo Cimento" S. Focardi, R. Habel, and F. Piantelli -Anomalous Heat Production in Ni-H Systems», Il Nuovo Cimento 107A, 163
- 1996 Investigation on Ni-H system at CERN, with uncertain results: Cerron et al., 1996, Nuovo Cimento 109 A, N.12
- 1996 F. Piantelli’s Group collaborates with FIAT AVIO
- 1998 New experiments and other publications of Piantelli’s group:
S.Focardi, V.Gabbani,V.Montalbano, F.Piantelli, S.Veronesi: Large excess heat production in Ni-H systems ; Il Nuovo Cimento 111 A, N.11 . 1233-1242 , november 1998
“ The cell A producing 72 W of excess power for 278 days and excess heat of about 900 Mj and cell B was producing 70W of excess power with an input of 29W for 319 days and excess heat of about 600MJ”. The cells were sealed for the entire time of operation, without any addition of H from the outside and even from internal storage systems, to eliminate any secondary and ancillary source generated by chemical and physical phenomena (See for example the Van't off equation). The cells were turned off voluntarily to check internal data. But they could run for years as was the case also for experiments currently in operation
- 1999 A.Battaglia, L. Daddi, S.Focardi, V.Gabbani,V.Montalbano, F. Piantelli, P.G. Sona, S. Veronesi:-Neutron emission in Ni-H system, - Il Nuovo Cimento Vol. 112 A , 921-931 (September1999)
- 2000-2005 Research was stopped due to lack of funds, but most of all because of four removal laboratory in 5 years
- 2005-2006 With subsequent activations was possible to keep activated a cell for some months (about 70 W) without external power and without addition of gas
- 2007 Activity is resumed at Centro IMO (Colle val d’Elsa laboratory) funded by T.E.S.C.A. Consortium and Lumenergia Consortium. Positive results were achieved, but the activity stopped in 2009 due to funds lacking
- 2008 New patent pat PCT/IB2009/007549.
Replication of experiment with 8 month excess of heat
- 2010 The company Nichenergy s.r.l. is founded with the specific aim to support the LENR research of Piantelli
- 2011-2012 Three new patents pat PCT/IB2012/052100, PCT/IB2012/053615, ITPI2011A000107.
Start of experiment longtime ignition of a reactor with new morphology of "Core" (always productive today, 20 0ctober 2015, after more than two years and a half) made with the devices and machines in the laboratory using materials and components on the market to test the stability of operation
- 2013 Starting fenomenological processing connected to 22 parameters so far identified, critical for the reproducibility, for engineering and for the scale increasing
- 2014 Organization of three different production lines of the "core" to find the optimum with improvement of the structure of the clusters, redefinition of the metal support of the cluster of Ni and new method to stabilize the density of the negative H ion indispensable for the calculation of reproducible performance also quantitatively
- 2015 Preparation of new reactors and their ignition and starting of the project and design of a new series of reactors to get to the leaps in scale